- September 28, 2017
- Posted by: Well Lee
- Category: Finance & accounting
- Outstanding housing loans by the banking system expanded by 8.9% as at end-June 2017 to RM498 billion.
- Financing remains available for eligible borrowers, with 72% of housing loan borrowers are first-time owners of affordable homes.
- The overall housing loan approval rate remains high at 73% in 2Q 2017 with similar rates were observed in the major states too.
- During the first six months, banks approved RM48.5 billion of house financing to 183,655 borrowers.